SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default USB Rider/Owner Materials With The "SE" Models

Hey all... wow, it's been quite a while since I've been on the ole SegwayChat! (10/9/09 to be exact).

At any rate, I was building some SE's today, and thought I'd share the new Rider/Owner materials. Inc no longer prints the books, but rather includes a business card with a built-in USB stick that contains the materials.

Also, here's a close up shot I just took of the new console...

(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Arrow

Jared, that's odd, not everyone owns a computer, and a printed booklet ensures they can verify something at any time.

How's the new LSF?
Still durable?

Welcome back, I wasn't around when you last were, but I read and liked your posts.

Cheers!
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Jared, that's odd, not everyone owns a computer, and a printed booklet ensures they can verify something at any time.

How's the new LSF?
Still durable?

Welcome back, I wasn't around when you last were, but I read and liked your posts.

Cheers!
Segway is pretty high tech. I might guess that there are very few segway owners who do not have a computer.

I might agree if we were speaking of a hammer, or some other non technical device, but not so much in this particular argument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Segway is pretty high tech. I might guess that there are very few segway owners who do not have a computer.

I might agree if we were speaking of a hammer, or some other non technical device, but not so much in this particular argument.

My point was for the matter of practicality.

I don't think many people want to take their computer with them just to troubleshoot their new machine.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone
Old 03-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
jimmiem
jimmiem is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:

I don't think many people want to take their computer with them just to troubleshoot their new machine.

Put the PDF files on your tablet. Problem solved. Most tech products have moved away from distributing a printed manual. A digital manual allows the most current updates to be included with new purchases at any time, no need to send the manual to print.
jimmiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiem View Post
Put the PDF files on your tablet. Problem solved. Most tech products have moved away from distributing a printed manual. A digital manual allows the most current updates to be included with new purchases at any time, no need to send the manual to print.

Great idea!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
Cybercat
Cybercat is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

At the price of a Segway, they should include a computer to read that USB stick!
Cybercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:

In that case, you can just access it online with your iPhone. I assume you take that with you....

http://www.segway.com/support/manuals-guides.php
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
How's the new LSF?
Still durable?

Cheers!
Thanks for the kind words Tritium.

Okay, so I didn't care much for the new LeanSteer when I saw the pics... but I like it a lot in person (keep in mind that I haven't spent that much time on it yet, so I'll review after some weeks).

It's a breeze to set up... looks nice in person... and then there is the console.

The console feels MUCH stronger. Maybe 'denser' is the right word? I know they lowered it to help people on tours (there were some concerns about new riders catching their foot when trying to dismount). But as a dealer, I can say that a HIGH percentage of units that came in for advanced repairs (repairs to the power base, leansteer sensors, etc) had a cracked console housing (that let moisture in). This feels like it will be a lot more durable.

I'll start a new post to answer specific hands-on questions, or take specific product shots that anyone may want.
(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredHT View Post
Thanks for the kind words Tritium.

Okay, so I didn't care much for the new LeanSteer when I saw the pics... but I like it a lot in person (keep in mind that I haven't spent that much time on it yet, so I'll review after some weeks).

It's a breeze to set up... looks nice in person... and then there is the console.

The console feels MUCH stronger. Maybe 'denser' is the right word? I know they lowered it to help people on tours (there were some concerns about new riders catching their foot when trying to dismount). But as a dealer, I can say that a HIGH percentage of units that came in for advanced repairs (repairs to the power base, leansteer sensors, etc) had a cracked console housing (that let moisture in). This feels like it will be a lot more durable.

I'll start a new post to answer specific hands-on questions, or take specific product shots that anyone may want.

Thanks much, I look forward to testing one out soon!