SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve807 View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was thinking of purchasing the lower cargo frames to give me more options for securing my Segway. Does anyone know if using the lower cargo frames for securing the Segway is a good or bad idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cargo frames are very handy. They attach to the gearbox housings with three sturdy bolts. They also make good hand holds for lifting the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve807 View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I was doing some research and I'm thinking of purchasing the lower cargo frames to give me more options for securing my Segway. Does anyone know if using the lower cargo frames for securing the Segway is a good or bad idea? Also I found this company called ABUS that make some hefty looking locks. They have this lock that is a cable lock but on the outside it has a flexible metal armor made out of metal cylinders that go around the steel cable. I was thinking of using that and running it though the cargo frames to a steel post. Does anyone see a problem with that type of configuration?

I use the lower cargo frames to secure my Segway on the ferry daily. I use shock cord, not anything locking, but the principle is the same -- they provide sturdy and flexible points of attachment. I end up having to attach my Segway in a variety of different ways, as bikes take up space and make the whole situation highly unpredictable.

I don't know how I'd manage without the lower cargo frames! With them, I can make use of a lot of spaces that simply wouldn't work for bikes, but without them, I'd be out of luck.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
Steve807
Steve807 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Everyday Life with a Segway

Thanks everyone for you input.

On a side note I was gliding around town and thought I glide over to Costco since I have not been there in a while. I didn't want to leave the Segway unattended outside and to my surprise the person at the door checking the membership cards waved me inside the store. I had a great time gliding around inside Costco looking at the different items everybody seemed to not mind me gliding around and one person even wanted to take my picture to show someone what life in California was like. It was fun.

Last edited by Steve807; 05-31-2014 at 03:04 PM..
Steve807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

In most places, Costco, Sams, Home Depot, and Lowes are Segway-friendly.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
Steve807
Steve807 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks Dale. I didn't know that. I've only owned my i2 for about 6 months now. I am trying to find new ways where I can use the car less, and the i2 more

Steve807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #16
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

A few years ago I made a bet with my wife. We lived about 1 mile from Safeway supermarket. First person to Segway purchase a gallon of milk and back home wins.

She had a Mustang GT, I had my Segway. We walked out the door at the same time, I hopped on my Segway and beat her home by more than a minute.

It makes a difference being able to slowly roll through the store with having to park.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote