SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
chilianyuanran
chilianyuanran is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Wink Segway Family

I don't yet have a Segway now but get chance to drive it occasionally. Hope to become a Segway people soon. Do you guys use hands free system? And what product do you use? I tried it and it's just awesome.
chilianyuanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Welcome Chi,

Have fun exploring this forum, and especially, gliding on segways. Let us know when you get one, and what you do with it, and where you go.

I use a hands free unit that I made. Many use home made, many use other types.

Lately, I stand in a way that I can use my knees and other parts of my body and legs to steer, and use a regular segway, I am just not holding on with my hands.

Glide more, smile more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
chilianyuanran

5 yr Member

Thank you for your answer!
It sounds cool. Gliding without holding!
What is a normal/reasonable price for a hands free system you think? I know people who are making them. It seems good. I'm not sure with the price though.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilianyuanran View Post
Thank you for your answer!
It sounds cool. Gliding without holding!
What is a normal/reasonable price for a hands free system you think? I know people who are making them. It seems good. I'm not sure with the price though.
What anything is worth is a very personal assessment. I am a cheap guy, so I make many things myself, and I am lucky to have the skill to do that. (I am an elecro-mechanical engineer).

I know people who spend as much on their car, as I spent on my house. I also know people from other parts of the United States who cannot figure out why I live in such an expensive place (Near Boston, in the northeast of my country)

So, I do not give much advice on the dollar value of this or that. One person may pay a price that another feels is a bargain, and yet a third person feels is too much.

If you like it, and it makes you happy, then you paid the right amount. If you like it, but are more unhappy at the price than you are happy to own it, then you paid too much. It is simple as that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
chilianyuanran

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
What anything is worth is a very personal assessment. I am a cheap guy, so I make many things myself, and I am lucky to have the skill to do that. (I am an elecro-mechanical engineer).

I know people who spend as much on their car, as I spent on my house. I also know people from other parts of the United States who cannot figure out why I live in such an expensive place (Near Boston, in the northeast of my country)

So, I do not give much advice on the dollar value of this or that. One person may pay a price that another feels is a bargain, and yet a third person feels is too much.

If you like it, and it makes you happy, then you paid the right amount. If you like it, but are more unhappy at the price than you are happy to own it, then you paid too much. It is simple as that.
Haha I surely like your honesty and wisdom. It's great to have those skills to make yourself presents. wish I were you.