SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
jrwilcox
jrwilcox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Woz Challenge Cup 2013

For more info

Click

Basic Stuff, WIll be held at Galludet College in Washington DC

"I'd much rather be happy than right any day."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I only get a blank white page at that link. Maybe this will work: Segway Central - Woz Cup 2013

Jim
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
jrwilcox

Sorry I guess they took down the link. It was good when I posted it. I will try to find a new one.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
jrwilcox

Player registration is available here

This link was working when I tried it.

Jim

Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
jrwilcox

Dear Jim,

Please could you connect me with team representative or players such as the team from Boston and other players elsewhere in the US or the world, as we are trying to have at least 20 teams at the Woz cup this year and as you see we were able to turn the campus into almost a Segway Village and provide accommodation for almost 10$ per night per person at the campus dorms. Your help and cooperation on this matter is highly appreciated. More details below you could share with others.
REMINDER

WOZ CUP - IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dear Segway Polo team representatives,

I am glad to inform you that the WOZ Cup this year is looking very promising and it will be hosted at the GU campus, the campus will be a Segway Village, where players can ride their Segways to Lunch and Breakfast to their rooms and throughout the campus. Players will find that the facilities are state-of-the art including the meeting rooms and the playing fields and historical as well.

We hope that no one will miss out on this opportunity; we were also able to provide very reasonable and convenient accommodation which is usually the largest cost for player and team members.

We are also going to conduct the Smithsonian Segway tour in addition to many other activities and games. We look forward to a very successful event with your help.

So far in addition to the facilities and other, our team was able to secure the following rates:

1: Kellogg’s Conference Hotel: We have decided to have only one Hotel which is within the GU Campus.

A: 160 US$ for a single or Double room. (Total for 2 persons)

B: 190 USD for a room for 3 or 4 people (total for 4 people) per night.

Note: It is a very good hotel, you can find more details online http://kelloggconferencehotel.com/index.php , we have already made the initial agreement with the Hotel and we will finalize it and our team will send you the code to book with sometime this week. (We are still checking to see if the breakfast is inclusive – not confirmed yet, will know this week)

2: Student Dorms on GU campus as well:

A: Student Room for 2 persons, at 28 US$ per night including sheets and towels.

B: Also might be available (not sure yet) Student apartment for 4 people (2 bedroom and living room) for 50 Dollars per night including towels and sheets.

Important: Please contact my colleague Kelly Davies at kdavies@ijma3.org to book a room at the dorms as the rooms are limited and we will run out of room fairly quickly.

3: Open access to cafeteria all day including the 3 meals per day and anytime, 33 US$ per day per person, Trying to get a special rate for children under 12.

4: Event registration fees per player are 175 US$ - NOTE: Dues and registration is per player including substitutes, it is NOT by team as it is the ISPA rule starting Jan 2013. Every player must be registered at the ISPA as well in order to play at the Woz Cup. For more info about how to register at the ISPA check with Rob Ross (ISPA Chairman) or visit the ISPA website.

5: Dinners at opening night and closing (20th and 24th):

A: Opening dinner on the 20th of July: 40 US$ per person (preview about the event and history of Segway Polo and other)

B: Closing Dinner 75 US$ per person (video clips from events and recognition for players and other)

Note: (Children under 12 will pay half).

6: Estimate rental fees per Segway per day, 75-100 USD for games including the Segway Tour, This cost is not completely secured yet.

7: Rental of Segway for the DC Tour on July 23rd (evening) will be 50 $ per person (people who has Segway to play do not need to rent a Segway for the DC Tour).

Finally: Please Team Captain and/or Representatives, please send me an email at nzakka@ijma3.org informing us if you are going to participate, not decided or not attending, with the name of your team. This is really important. Please send this info by email.

We hope to see you all this summer in DC, don’t miss this opportunity and experience to live and play on a Segway a whole Week. We are hoping the number of participating teams to reach 20 teams.

Our team is currently working closely with the Media in order to have good media coverage for this sport and we are also working with the Horse Polo community in Virginia to start getting them engaged in Segway Polo, by July we may have a DC Segway Polo Team.

Your fast reply is highly appreciated

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Group glide being planned in DC during Woz Cup 2013

DC gliders, you may want to follow http://wozcup2013.com/ for the next week or so. I believe a group glide is being planned by all the polo players either a week from Saturday or a week from Tuesday.

Also, we'd love to have you come down to Hotchkiss Field in Gallaudet University a week from Sunday (or anytime the first part of that week). We'll be playing matches throughout the day except for 3 or 4 hours during the heat of the day. The finals are a week from Wednesday after work!

For those of you at Segfest 2008, it'll be alot like that but with twice the teams as before. And this time most of the competitors are international from places like Germany, Sweden, Barbados and of course our hosts from Lebanon!