SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default UK Lobbying

Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

That Jeremy chap talked a lot of sense. Good video, Rob.

I would have liked to have been in the clip. I'd have come in at the end and added:

"These things are awesome!"
Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

It was agreat event, and I have said this before but will say it again, Lembit is very serious about getting the Segway legalised and will use whatever opportunity he can to publicise them. He is a genuine enthusiast. Indeed, just Monday past when London came to a standstill due to the snow Lembit wanted to borrow an X2 to ride the next day and show how versatile they are, what a fella!
It's just a shame that we "only" managed 11 riders, some did say thet would come but I guess other commitments prevented them.
Both Jeremy and "our" Isidore present very good public images of Segway commuters.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Why did Lembit have Police written on his bag?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
... and I have said this before but will say it again, Lembit is very serious about getting the Segway legalised and will use whatever opportunity he can to publicise them. He is a genuine enthusiast...
I know he has done a lot to raise the Segway profile to officialdom in the UK. I do hope something is achieved soon though as I don't believe he is winning many friends in his constituency: http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/Op...way.4952012.jp

I wonder how long his political life might be That would be a shame though, as there are far too many clones out there and not enough individual "characters"
Old 02-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #6
nickyboy

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Why did Lembit have Police written on his bag?
Because for some reason he decided to leave his own machine at home in Wales and he borrowed one of Waynes. Personally I think it was the wrong decision to get him on that one (SUK bought along about 3 or 4 machines) it should have been a stock one.

Southern Segway

Old 02-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
nickyboy

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
I know he has done a lot to raise the Segway profile to officialdom in the UK. I do hope something is achieved soon though as I don't believe he is winning many friends in his constituency: http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/Op...way.4952012.jp

I wonder how long his political life might be That would be a shame though, as there are far too many clones out there and not enough individual "characters"
Yes I saw the article you refer too. Just the usual political banter. He has a very high majority, something like 50% of the votes, so I don't think he's on the way out just yet!

You are right though, before I met him for the first time I thought he was, well, lets just say I did not have a very high opinion of him. When I first met him I was impressed that he remembered my name and took an interest in what I did, and some of the issues surrounding a dealer selling a product with such a grey area for use. On the whole, a decent guy, who I would think probably really did go into politics with a view to make a difference.

Southern Segway