SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
SkOotz.dc
SkOotz.dc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Anyone for JOUSTING on Segways with reins?

Have segway. Will Travel. Want to JOUST! Anyone in?

Also, X2s or offroad i2s would be probably be best, we would want to do this on grass. Unless we wanted to be really hardcore and do it on gravel. I also think a temporary metal fence to makes the "lanes" so the segs dont get hurt would be a good idea as well.

I live in Virginia, close to the DC. Let me know people, lets joust.

s.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I would have to wonder that since personal body armor is less common except for protection from bullets or stabbing blades, what would be the proper attire?

Also, in this modern age, is a long wooden pole really the weapon of choice? I think you could really show your mettle with something like chain saws instead, but you might also show your tendons and other assorted internal organs.

This sounds like something you need to post video from once you get organized and find suitable compatriots.

Have fun. Glide on!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 04-01-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I thought that government had wars to reduce the number of young people in our gene pool. As you say something to watch. Remember when we were going to have a marshmallow war at the Alamo? Now paintball would be fun, but I am too old to want to fall for any reason.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
I thought that government had wars to reduce the number of young people in our gene pool. As you say something to watch. Remember when we were going to have a marshmallow war at the Alamo? Now paintball would be fun, but I am too old to want to fall for any reason.
I too recall the threads where we contemplated roving bands of segways that could marshmallow or paintball hit and run unsuspecting folks, or even other segway groups. While I think it may be fun, I have never heard of it actually happening. I still think it might be fun.

As far as too old to want to fall, I can understand that, but all raiders need tacticians and generals. Stand back and send your minions to do your paintball bidding!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Rolacoy

5 yr Member

Real paintballers only shoot other paintballers. I was afraid of falling Jousting, I think I could paintball from a Segway. It would be fun to try. (Bucket List)
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
KSagal

Jousting on horses works because the rider can be knocked down or off, and the horse could keep running. The rider is not that integral to the forward motion...

Jousting on segway may be very interesting, because once hit, the rider will necessarily lean back (just as a horse rider would) but this is going to significantly affect the forward motion of the segway. I can almost envision a Monty Python kind of skit, where both jousters hit the other, but because they lean back in the process, they just stop while facing each other.

Might be fun for the participants, but rather boring for the observers.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Rolacoy

5 yr Member

I want to watch!!!!

SKOotz, Be sure and get video from more than one angle and post links here.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
vantramp
vantramp is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Video could definitely be entertaining The Washington State lottery commercial that had the "segway" jousting was done with fake segs, (clones with rear casters) which was pretty lame, but the dramatic presentation where they put on the armor with the music & rainy environment was classic!

-Mike
Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantramp View Post
Video could definitely be entertaining The Washington State lottery commercial that had the "segway" jousting was done with fake segs, (clones with rear casters) which was pretty lame, but the dramatic presentation where they put on the armor with the music & rainy environment was classic!

-Mike
I was unaware of that commercial. Very funny. Too bad they used Rad-to-Go or Q Scooters. (I cannot tell the difference)

I will attempt to include a link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X7U1Y9DkYxI