SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
Binski
Binski is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Dealer

I recently had a good experience with Segway of Jacksonville, Oregon. Ordered a new pair of batteries for my x2. Delivery problems from the Segway, Inc. mostly related to Snowstorms. SJO made an extra effort to get the batteries to me quickly. They are great to work with.
Binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binski View Post
I recently had a good experience with Segway of Jacksonville, Oregon. Ordered a new pair of batteries for my x2. Delivery problems from the Segway, Inc. mostly related to Snowstorms. SJO made an extra effort to get the batteries to me quickly. They are great to work with.
I agree............I use them for everything.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I'm glad you had a good experience. It's just too bad that, for people in the Portland area, Jacksonville is pretty much the "middle of nowhere." There are only three authorized dealers in Oregon, and two of them are essentially in rural areas that are hard for many people to access.

Segway of Jacksonville and Corvallis both have excellent reputations - my point is just that I don't understand the odd distribution of dealers in Oregon.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #4
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I'm glad you had a good experience. It's just too bad that, for people in the Portland area, Jacksonville is pretty much the "middle of nowhere." There are only three authorized dealers in Oregon, and two of them are essentially in rural areas that are hard for many people to access.

Segway of Jacksonville and Corvallis both have excellent reputations - my point is just that I don't understand the odd distribution of dealers in Oregon.
Well I have one....Its 2 hours away....Jacksonville had no tax, free shipping , and a great price....

I don't drive, so no matter what distance is not a factor, cause its a pain any way I slice it...
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #5
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binski View Post
they really helped me i was missing some screwsand david got his box out and nicely installed new oneswith my locktite for me no charge what a nice mansince i bought my equipment elsewhere.

he checked my tire pressures too all for freeto me ive tried to be his customer but it didn't work out.my fault.he told me that bells and horns on segways and maybe bikes are illegal in Oregon.??hey do business with these people. youll be happy too.he is very expert.knowledge and mechanical.,
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #6
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
they really helped me i was missing some screwsand david got his box out and nicely installed new oneswith my locktite for me no charge what a nice mansince i bought my equipment elsewhere.

he checked my tire pressures too all for freeto me ive tried to be his customer but it didn't work out.my fault.he told me that bells and horns on segways and maybe bikes are illegal in Oregon.??hey do business with these people. youll be happy too.he is very expert.knowledge and mechanical.,
Bells and horns illegal? When I'm gliding on a bike bath, I have a small wind chime I attach to the handle bars. It won't scare anyone but does catch their attention...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:52 PM   #7
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Bells and horns illegal? When I'm gliding on a bike bath, I have a small wind chime I attach to the handle bars. It won't scare anyone but does catch their attention...
heck of a good idea lily
ive thought of maybe trying those plastic windmills on my handlebars hitting like cards on bike spokes har har of course we both might have to be cruising along too fast to be safei like your idea best of allthough sometimes id like an airhorn. im not rude but cars come pretty close sometimesmine is my mobility device though everyone thinks im on my toy

Last edited by rotorblades; 02-06-2015 at 12:00 AM..
Old 02-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
he checked my tire pressures too all for freeto me ive tried to be his customer but it didn't work out.my fault.he told me that bells and horns on segways and maybe bikes are illegal in Oregon.??
I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong. There is a ban on using sirens or whistles with an EPAMD in Oregon, but using an audible alert (like a bell or horn) is actually mandatory.

http://oregonbikelaw.com/segways-allowed-sidewalks/
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #9
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong. There is a ban on using sirens or whistles with an EPAMD in Oregon, but using an audible alert (like a bell or horn) is actually mandatory.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that very strange. Sirens and whistles are disruptive and startling. I wish that was part of MO law! A bike rider going way beyond the trails 10mph limits scared the day lights out of me one day.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:07 AM   #10
rotorblades

Smile

Quote:

thanks i stand corrected iam glad you are right