SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #31
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

I agree, the minipro is certainly a bargain currently. However, after some near-misses and a few safety-shutdowns (none of which resulted in an accident or fall), I remain very concerned about evasive handling/stopping and systems redundancy.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #32
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I agree, the minipro is certainly a bargain currently. However, after some near-misses and a few safety-shutdowns (none of which resulted in an accident or fall), I remain very concerned about evasive handling/stopping and systems redundancy.
Agreed. I can't understand how people want their MPs to go FASTER. So far, I've only used my Mini in places that I know have forgiving terrain. I've started exploring a little bit with it. It's done a great job thus far. For some reason, I get more fatigued while riding it than I do with my i2. I think it's because it's not quite as stable, so I am always a bit tense in an effort to control it. If I simply relax, it will probably be more comfortable for me.

As mentioned, it's a good bargain. It's no replacement for my i2, but it's a great accessory for my newly-realized Segway lifestyle!
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #33
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default following fellow pedestrians

It must be difficult to resist the urge to dart around pedestrians. The mini pro looks fast on Chicago's sidewalks. Then it looks like it is standing still when following a crowd of people walking. I kept looking for openings the rider could dart through. Same tension you get when riding a sport bike in slow traffic. The rider having to resist openings that are easy to make but would be rude.

It seems to handle bumps well:
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #34
dpbrew1
dpbrew1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 215

I weigh 215, 6'4" and 68 y.o. No operation problems, but have had 3 falls and glad I had on a helmet. Two falls because of slowly going over a speed bump and a driveway curb and yesterday pushed the unit while getting repeated warning beeps till it abruptly shut off and I fell forward to my knees.
dpbrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote