SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #31
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Nah! they are not gas guzzlers...
Nah . . . you trade in the gas guzzler for a Segway, get $4,500 wealth transfer as the 400 mpg (equivalent) far exceeds the plan's requirement.

Makes the cost of a new Segway VERY attractive.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #32
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Nah . . . you trade in the gas guzzler for a Segway, get $4,500 wealth transfer as the 400 mpg (equivalent) far exceeds the plan's requirement.

Makes the cost of a new Segway VERY attractive.
Do you know of any dealer up to that challenge? <G>
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
Seginaway

5 yr Member

Quote:
I wish. I'd be interested in an I2 at $4,500 lower.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #34
Seginaway

5 yr Member

Quote:
Forget $4,500, I'd be interested in an I2 at $1,500 less, perhaps even $740.

No offense to Dealers, your hands are tied, but if the Gov't want to promote and subsidize items and jumpstart the economy, why only autos, do it for any means of transportation, or for that matter, anything at all.

The Segway is my primary means of transportation 90% of the time. Think what it would do if everyone you saw on the road had a SMILE instead of a grimace.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #35
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Forget $4,500, I'd be interested in an I2 at $1,500 less, perhaps even $740.

No offense to Dealers, your hands are tied, but if the Gov't want to promote and subsidize items and jumpstart the economy, why only autos, do it for any means of transportation, or for that matter, anything at all.

The Segway is my primary means of transportation 90% of the time. Think what it would do if everyone you saw on the road had a SMILE instead of a grimace.

The only reason that the current administration is offering my tax dollars for people to buy cars, is because they co-own Government Motors with the Autoworkers Union... It is either give that union my tax dollars thru the cash for clunkers or by another 'stimulus' handout...

They don't own Segway, so they are less motivated to help there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #36
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Nah! they are not gas guzzlers...
Nor clunkers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #37
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have owned a bike, rollerblades and scooters. The Segway by FAR provides the best experience.

Unlike the others, I am able to glide slowly up and DOWN steep hills in the park. Unlike with skates, I don't have to worry about tripping and falling or my personal safety (as much).

One lady in the park who claimed to be a former partner with Segway (in some way) said that I should "get a car." I wanted to ask her if I would be able to ride IN THE PARK in my car. LOL. No.

I do however enjoy it most during early hours when the least amount of people are out. Otherwise, you have to be so cautious (like a driver) that the enjoyment is depleted...at least for me.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #38
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Suffice it to say the cargo plates make an excellent strike pad for the matches and with one flick of the wrist, the cigar smoke started wafting skyward and the glide home was sweet.

What's your favorite thing about a Segway?
And all this time we've been saying that Segways are non-polluting....

Whoops, almost fell into the trap of blaming the machine, not the rider...<evil grin>

Last edited by Five-Flags; 08-07-2009 at 07:05 PM..
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #39
OregonForester
OregonForester will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
The only reason that the current administration is offering my tax dollars for people to buy cars, is because they co-own Government Motors with the Autoworkers Union... It is either give that union my tax dollars thru the cash for clunkers or by another 'stimulus' handout...

They don't own Segway, so they are less motivated to help there...
Don't you just love paying taxes so that others can buy new cars?
Sorry, but I don't. Not at all.

I just wonder how many "clunker" defaults there will be in the next 12 months.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #40
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonForester View Post
Don't you just love paying taxes so that others can buy new cars?
Sorry, but I don't. Not at all.

I just wonder how many "clunker" defaults there will be in the next 12 months.
Buying cars doesn't feel so nice -- but just so you can feel a bit better:
  • At least you won't have to breath their exhaust.
  • At least that's money that won't be going to hostile nations.
  • At least those low-mileage clunkers won't be helping drive up the price of gas.
  • At least that's less tax money you'll be paying in unemployment.
  • At least somebody got a new car out of the deal. Vs. no new car for unemployment.

Note: I'm not really supporting the plan. I'd go about it differently. But at least if it is costing you, say $100 in taxes, you aren't all of $100 in the hole if you look at the big picture.

I think "clunker defaults" will be relatively low, because of the tightening of the credit markets. After all, that did help precipitate the crisis.

How would I go about it? Well, if you're going to do it, fund it with a tax on clunkers. Much more economically efficient. You get a bigger economic incentive for a given amount of wealth transfer, and the cost is born by those imposing the societal cost of the clunker.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote