View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #179
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
One of my favorite Segway things.

Getting ready to commute and I hit the infokey button to start Trigger up. Nothing happens. I hit the button again. Nothing happens. I get my extra infokey and hit the start-up button but, again, nothing happens. I change infokey batteries and try again, but no luck. I get the battery meter and check both CR 2430's, but they're good. I re-install them in each infokey, hit the start button and nothing happens. Maybe I didn't install them right. I reverse them, re-install them, hook up the charging cable and try to start Trigger, unplug Trigger and try it all over again. All to no avail, Trigger won't turn on. Not even any Red Lights, just no response at all.

Thoughts of $800, dare I say $1,600 dance in my head. Then . . .
remembering a thread I read on Segway Chat I get out my hex wrench and undue each screw and move front battery to back and back battery to front, all the while the thought of no gliding today is ruining my day, not to mention the $1,600 bill at the end of that black rainbow.

I've finished the transfer and pray . . ., then I hit the infokey button and much to my delight the whirrr of the motors abound.

I get the backpack on, give a sigh of relief and off I go. Defintely, one of my favorite Segway things, not having to replace the Li-Ions. All was not lost and the Li-Ions live to roll a few more miles.
whirr of the motors? what really does the start-up sound?like on my X2?
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote