View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #174
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
I had a pair of the Givi cases, and found they really restricted my movement and turning radius. With them on both sides they were confining to the point of claustrophobia, and IMO unsafe, because I couldn't make a quick maneuver at speed. The case also did wobble quite a bit, especially when loaded, even though the hardware was tight.

Operating from memory here, but I remember the manual saying that to release the case from the bracket, you were to open the case and press on the red piece that the red button would push on with the case closed. I wondered why they would have it adjusted so as to disable the button, and readjusted it so that the button would release the case as it was designed to do. (With the case locked, the button is disabled.) The first little bump I went over answered the question when the case released and bounced off into the street. (If the Seg had suspension like a motorcycle, that wouldn't happen.) I decided that the problems outweighed the extra cargo space.
My buttons have not been disabled...and while I had the cases installed, they never fell off.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote