View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTOBATTERY View Post
Bob, I have had this same thing occur on cobbletone sidewalks before. If I went a little slower or a little faster it kept it from happening. I thought I had a machine issue while on vacation because of it. Thankfully it was just the sidewalks that caused it.
There was a lot of talk about this when the i2 first came out. There is a shake factor to the balance array software, if I remember correctly...

I recall in the fall of '06 where a cobblestone path was used, and the i2 had a tendency to go into reduced performance much quicker than the gen 1 of the day.

After we were able to produce this reduced performance factor, we found we could do it with rapid movement across some grass fields as well, if there were perceivable 'tufts' of grass that the wheels went over.

Gen 1 will do it, but gen 2 will do it faster.

I never saw anymore than reduced performance however. The machine slows down, and give a flat mouth face, but nothing more.

I suppose if you were not expecting it, and tried hard to ride harder, you might experience something closer to the OP, but I have not tried that hard to over power my machine.

It is kind of like the slow down when going down hills. The i2 is much more aggressive at slowing down on the down slope than the gen 1 was, especially for people who recall earlier software levels. I have seen people over compensate on steep down slopes, because it is kind of counter intuitive, and the problem is the driver, but blamed on the machine...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote