View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I've actually had this happen, I believe it was on a gen 1, I was going down a hill and it didn't know the pitch, so sometimes it'd lean too far forward or too far back.
The only way I could fix it would be to get to level ground and restart it then let it idle against a kerb for a minute.

This may not be the same thing as yours, and I still don't know what causes it, but, I believe I know what you're describing.
There's another failure mode that might have happened to you. I've only had it happen on level ground, so I didn't think about it earlier....

If you travel over a rough surface, (badly deteriorated asphalt is where I experience this), at the right speed so the resulting vibration is at the right frequency, you confuse the sensors. On my Gen2, what it does in this case is to *drastically* cut speed, to almost a crawl. It recovers after proceeding at a snail's pace for a while. This happens to me regularly on a particular street on my way to work. It's in a low-rent area, populated with a tow company and a redaimix concrete company.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote