View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Inc. recently said they are focusing on their core PT market, which is commercial security and police use of the PT. I think we will see the consumer or leisure market become less of a focus to the company. The consumer is the one who wants to see the price drop. While the other markets will endure a higher price better.

In the short run (1st quarter) as PT's, and the key parts to them are in short supply, it should be interesting to see what happens and how the existing dealers react.
Humorous! You think the consumer/leisure market "will" become less of a focus? In fact, INC marketing has focused almost entirely on commercial/police applications for years now.

However, you are mistaken in thinking that only consumer/leisure markets want better pricing. Commercial and police markets perform cost analyses and compare Segs to other forms of transport.

I think you naysayers are far too negative about the situation. Somebody bought Segway, Inc. This means the company was willing to be purchased. Generally, company management does not give up it's seat unless there is a good reason. Consequently, I conclude that being purchased is a good thing, and better than the alternative.

What makes you think PT's and parts are in short supply?
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote