View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
If you look at Jimmy's bio, he is a mining guy. Mining folks don't want stand up Segways, what they want is robotic platforms that can do the work that humans can't.

So my take is he bought Inc. for the techonology, specifically the RMP side of the house. Which we as Segway users took very little notice of. Though a few of our friendly dealers were actively working with RMP customers.

My take is RMP is the product, as well as the technology where the new company will focus its energy, and the PT will take a back seat, and it will not be long before it is discontinued.

Stuff like the Puma will go over to GM and they have no interest in a stand up single user PT.
I thought the same myself, although Jimmy's core business is defence, not mining, the robotic platforms are probably of great interest, but remember he is a user of Segways at his factory. Last I heard he had about 10, and that was before he invested in Segway UK! I first met Jimmy about two years ago (2008) and he was very much into the Segway at that time. Also, I do not believe that Wayne will want to see the Segway PT dissapear if it is commercialy viable at all.
My guess is it will probably be a few months before we see any serious changes, if any. It will take a while to "see what they have got" and make any changes they consider necessary.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote