View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default A guy like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
I'm not so sure. He is an ex-miner who was made redundant in the 1980's, that's true. He is also a (mulitple) Segway owner, enjoys them and has been very solidly supporting the push in the UK to get them legalised for public use. If he was only interested in other aspects of INC's inventory I doubt he would have thrown the money he has at continually badgering the DfT, with threats of court action, barrister's time, etc. to achieve recognition here.
This kind of guy does not throw money away on something that will not return something to him. I am sure he is a Segway enthusiast, it is hard not to be one, we all know that. But as a sucessful businessman he is looking to make his purchase profitable. Selling Segways to consumers is not going to do that, that has been proven already.

As Nick stated his defense contracts are an important part of the equation. They would benefit from the RMP, as that is the prime market at the moment for the RMP.

Inc. recently said they are focusing on their core PT market, which is commercial security and police use of the PT. I think we will see the consumer or leisure market become less of a focus to the company. The consumer is the one who wants to see the price drop. While the other markets will endure a higher price better.

In the short run (1st quarter) as PT's, and the key parts to them are in short supply, it should be interesting to see what happens and how the existing dealers react.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote