View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #34
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
An update:

The dealer, SK Northwest, said that because my Segway had exceeded 10 miles they couldn't offer me a new replacement, as per Segway Inc's returns policy, but did offer expedited repairs and a 6-month warranty extension. I turned this offer down and after some quick negotiations got a brand new Segway i2-SE unit, albeit with my old batteries (to be fair, they were lightly scuffed).

It arrived on Saturday after my friend dropped it off at my house (it would have been Wednesday but he was unwell, shame). The odo says I've done about 15km on it already and I've had no problems - though this new unit does seem to slowly and slightly turn to the right if I rock back-and-forward with my hands off the leansteer frame - is that normal?
I guess when all of us were telling don't use it and get it back to dealer would of gotten a new one for you no questions asked?

Are your tires filled with correct and EVEN pressure?

As for rocking it back and forth with no hands?...be carful...segs are not happy going backwards....

With all the questions on how it rides what it does....I think renting a unit first would of been a far better help for you? MHO..

Good luck and glide safe.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote