View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
AccuXperT
AccuXperT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default BT adapter

Hello Don,
your concerns are justified and I have considered this very well.

It would be really a bad solution if the (built-in) BT adapter would discharge the battery slowly ... No, I'm not doing so, of course, because I attach great importance to safety and longevity!

Down to business: when installed in the battery, the BT adapter is only supplied with power when the base activates the battery when the Segway is switched on. It is no secret, I use a switching voltage which is only present when the Segway is activated.

To talk again about the installation of the BT adapter in the battery brief: This is not intended for everyone, probably find the most users not helpful. I have been studying the Segway technique for many years. For me, the vital data of the battery during the trip is very important and revealing.

The battery power is also extremely interesting for me, not just for a battery power test, but especially during the ride. Currently I am technically able to determine the height of the battery current every 10ms. The accuracy achievable is +/- 1 %. This allows precise load characteristics to be recorded during the journey.

But this does not detract from the functionality and the usefulness of the BT adapter which is externally plugged into the battery.

The BT adapter is currently being revised, I can not comment on a final price yet. The price is also dependent on how many users will find the BT adapter useful and want to buy. In any case, I will make my contribution to a good product.

Greetings from Germany,
Bernhard
AccuXperT is offline   Reply With Quote