View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 07:28 AM   #13
gregn
gregn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

@Jnoel; thanks! Enjoy it! Take it slow at first. It takes some different body language. I found being close to its limit my inertia is strong and it takes a bit of practice to feel the road under you. Turns at speed require a good lean into the turn and weight on the outside foot. I also noticed the tire pressures are important. The tire says max 30psi. Others have said use 45psi. I find 30 fine but if you let it get low the handling gets squirrley. I think some of my too sharp turns may have burped some air out of the tubeless tires. I am being a bit mellower now. Must be one of the reasons for the weight limit.
Also the steering bar is sensitive and will throw you off balance sideways if you put to much force on it accidentally

The vibration is the slow rotation of the motors. The polarity switching causes this. Heavier load equals more work for the motor at low rpm. I try to keep them spinning as much as possible and not ask for too much power at first. I will guide it by hand to a more level surface before stepping on for example. This is for off road conditions by the way. On flat pavement or floors it shouldn't be an issue I would think.
gregn is offline   Reply With Quote