View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #9
gregn
gregn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hey all,
I am 215 and use the Mini Pro fine. I am below the limit but I use it for work on a farm. I routinely carry stuff like ladders and #50 bags of soil and seed. Also I pull carts with over #100 of stuff on them. Even up hills its fine.
As a disclaimer the following is just my opinion from observations. Ninebot/Segway I'm sure has a reason for the limits and knowingly exceeding them could cause damage or get you hurt. That said...

It seems the weight limit is more a power limit. If you are heavy and ask for full acceleration from a stop you will get a warning. You just have to accelerate slowly and when pulling a hill don't ask for full speed. I can pull a heavy cart up a gravel hill at a bit faster than a walking speed. That is fine for me.
If you are concerned about weight limits I would get one and you will know real quick if it won't work for you. I think Amazon has a return policy if the unit isn't damaged.
I do think as you go above the weight limit the fun factor will be reduced and you will get speed/power warnings more often. Also the battery life will be shorter. I notice this when I am running it through the field paths that are grass and kind of rough. I think running it on pavement and understanding the limits should be fine for any if the weights mentioned here. Structurally it doesn't seem to notice my weight or the addition of anything I have carried.
gregn is offline   Reply With Quote