View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
At the same time I would advise to be careful if you find yourself in a situation where you are going head to head with an ignorant or disinterested cop. If that is the case, he will care much more that you are not doing what he said, than the content of actually what he said for you to do. That is why asking for the supervisor works well. If what he is saying is not justified, he will think twice if he has to explain his error to his boss. He will choose not to explain to you, but will not have that option if you bring it up stairs.

That is why Lily is ready to kick it up to the DOJ. They will get involved, and be effectively the call from the top floor. That way, even if the supervisor is ignorant, you have gone up from there as well.

Again, polite is the rule. You will win no argument with any cop I have ever met. You may score points or even win a debate with a reasonable one, but you will not win an argument. You must try your best to not let it become one.

Good luck. Be prepared, and hopefully never use that preparation. And most importantly, have fun.
LOL. I do have a back up plan! My youngest son is now a lawyer and I have two local church friends who have offered to bail me out if it should ever be necessary.. In the beginning I was once threatened with arrest for being in a mall but it has never come even close to that point since. It has become a family joke and my dizzy family still makes the most of the issue.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote