View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

I'm in the process of finishing a prototype seat for the MiniPro. I'm in the same boat in that I use an i2 (with SegSaddle) for mobility. The seat for the MiniPro will tilt fore and aft. The design has adjustability for the COG as I'm guessing it will be crucial to get that dialed in.

One of the tricky design issues is trying to get everything (seat mount and feet) to fit on the tiny platform of the MP. The foot sensors will need to be engaged at all times (in which someone is on board) as the MP immediately switches out of rider mode if those aren't activated. So, finding the balance point where both the seat and feet activate the sensors will be important.

The seat can also be used with the handlebar that I made, but it wouldn't work with the aftermarket ones that are already available. Hopefully, I can have the prototype set up for initial testing today. If so, I'll take some pictures and report in. The design uses a bicycle saddle and seatpost, but I need to source a zero-offset post locally. I ordered one online, but it won't be here for a while. For now, I will try the post that I've got, but I think the offset will throw off the COG.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote