View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #11
Ground Loop
Ground Loop is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

The DEKA batteries have an odd story. I found two i167 NiMH batteries on eBay back in 2006.
They arrived with none of the standard serial numbers or markings, just "DEKA" stickers. They were also mostly-shot, of course. I never got more than a mile out of them. The seller went mute, of course.

I don't think they were commercial Segway product, but some kind of DEKA pre-production battery. Who knows.

The standard batteries have ID stickers on each pack of 10 cells. These had none.

Does anyone know WTF that GLUE is that Segway uses in the battery packs?? It's insane.. I call it Demon Snot, but I'd love to know what it sells as. I haven't found any solvent that releases it easily. I'm just using a heat gun to soften it up in the extreme, so I can apply crazy amounts of force to lift the old NiMH packs out. With enough swearing, it works.

I have no intention of sealing these LiPo packs, since I don't ride the in the rain, and I have to take each of the packs out for charging and balancing anyway.
Ground Loop is offline   Reply With Quote