View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
MuttonChops
MuttonChops will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Guess Would Be 2007 Upgrade

Based on hardcopy manuals shipped with my yr-2010 i2, would guess the Programmable Speed Limit software started with yr-2007 builds.

The yr-2010 i2 arrived with:
A) yr-2006 Reference Manual
B) yr-2007 Reference Manual Supplement that only discusses the InfoKey Speed and shutdown options.
Zoelily has not stated what year i2 they purchased or indicated if the Programmable Speed Limit procedure link solved the problem.

If the i2 is pushing back at 9.5 MPH under all gliding conditions (with factory size wheels/tires) then it sure sounds like it is a >= 2007 i2 with the Speed Limit set.

The Reference Manual (page-49) does have additional non-InfoKey suggestions for lower speed limiting . . . however, I'd expect these causes to result in variable maximum speed push-backs, not a solid 9.5 MPH.

The speed at which the Speed Limiter pushes the Handlebar back depends on a variety of factors including riding style, terrain, payload, whether or not the Beginner Setting is enabled, Battery condition, foot positioning, and other factors.

Conditions that may cause the Speed Limiter to activate and show the face icon with the straight mouth along with the Warning icon, when you are traveling at less than the maximum speed allowed for your operating mode include:

􀁺 Riding up a steep hill
􀁺 Riding on bumpy terrain
􀁺 Riding with fewer than three Rider Detect Sensors
depressed
􀁺 The first few seconds after you power on and step on the
Powerbase
􀁺 Low Battery charge
􀁺 Batteries that are too hot or too cold
􀁺 Riding down a hill with fully charged Batteries
Because of regenerative charging, if the Batteries are fully
charged, the Segway PT will activate the Speed Limiter to
avoid overcharging.