View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #4
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

My first attempt didn't pan out so well. I was trying out a tilting-seat design thinking that it would allow for smooth weight shift fore and aft. It just ended up feeling as though I was sitting on an apex. There would've needed to be far more force keeping it centered, and the rider would've ended up fighting against it to tilt (unless it was perfectly dialed in to the user's weight and center of gravity )

So, I am now making a quick mod that will just make the seat fixed in place. The prototype has a bunch of adjustment (for trying different positions.) Once I can field test the fixed seat, I'll try to determine if it's worth doing a sliding seat (like the SegSaddle/GlideSaddle.) Those two are/were very expensive, and I have a feeling that folks won't want to pay much for MiniPro accessories. If the seat is something that might make to sell, it's gonna have to be simple and cheap.

Please post any advice/suggestions/recommendations/insight that you'd be willing to offer. I hope the MiniPro can introduce more people to this cool technology.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote