View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #21
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

For pure sine wave inverters, expect to pay appx 10 times then the cheaper alternatives, it is worth the investment as Segway's charging circuit will be working at lower temperature and both the inverter and Segway will last longer.
Pure sine wave inverters are also much heavier and has larger all round dimension than the cheaper modified sine wave inverters.

My no brand inverter looks identical to http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samlex-PST...12-VC/29773077

Most of the time it is only charging 1 Segway, the unit will handle surge/peak upto 500 Watts, continuous 300 watts output charging 2 Segways would be on its upper limited, I've tested charging 2 Segways for 2 hours (while driving) with no ill effect and the waveform still look very nice under the oscilloscope, however if one wish to charge 2 Segways often, I would recommend to purchase at least a 450 watts unit.

I also wire the inverter directly to the battery via very heavy 4 AWG cable (Just incase I want to upgrade to higher wattage unit in the future), double insulated all the way with heat shrink tube with a 50A fuse on the battery end, inverter also has a blade fuse pre installed, but I can't remember the amperage rating.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP

Last edited by Amimoto; 05-29-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote