View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
AccuXperT
AccuXperT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default BT adapter

Oh, thank you, I'm in touch with Jason Abel, we occasionally exchange technical details. However, I had a long absence, I am unfortunately not so often in the SegwayChat.
But I do not want to keep technical news, of course ...

The installation of the BT adapter directly in the battery requires the opening of the battery. This is not, of course, a matter for everyone and requires a lot of technical knowledge. Of course, the future closing of the battery (gluing) will never be as the weld from the battery manufacturer.

The installation could be useful if the battery has to be opened for a repair (for example a cell exchange).

In order to increase the potential benefit for the user, I am currently working on an improvement of the BT adapter. For this I will provide a relay as well as a professional OEM power supply with CCCV charging methods especially for lithium cells. It will be a "safe" charging process as the important data such as battery temperature, charging voltage, fault status, charging current, etc. are permanently monitored during the charging process. When the battery is full or an irregularity occurs, the charger is galvanically separated from the battery by the relay in a safe way.
I have successfully used this fast-loading method for 2 years on 2 Segways. A shortening of the battery life due to the higher charging current can neither be determined nor expected.

To recharge a Segway-battery in only 2 hours and to make the next tour should be quite interesting for some users ...
AccuXperT is offline   Reply With Quote