Thread: "Why Not Walk?"
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

A relateable event occurred to me a couple years ago...

My children have some medical challenges, so the pharmacy at the local Walgreen's knows my family well.

There was a young lady, an assistant to the pharmacist, that I would often have a dialog with, most times thru the drive up window. At the time, I had a Volvo convertible, and we often had short, friendly and cordial conversations when I picked up a prescription.

One day, I showed up at the drive up window on my segway instead of my car. At that point, she asked me why I had not walked. I looked at her and asked if she had ever recalled me walking in the past. She said no. We discussed my home address being about 2 miles away.

She did not know it, but I did often go by bicycle, but on those occasions, I would park it and come inside the store.

Anyway, that day, I asked her why she would ask me why I did not walk when she saw me on the segway, but had never asked me when I was in my car. I also asked her if she had many customers who walked up to the drive up window, and she said she had never seen anyone do that.

She did admit that she had no idea why she asked me why I had not walked when she saw the segway, and it had never even occurred to her when she saw me in the car. She really had no idea why.

I suspect that has been enough negative image representations that many people have seen it and presume a certain reaction, but the knowledge of these exposures is so subtle that they cannot consciously recall it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote