View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by team222badbrad View Post
The LSF is different. The top of the LSF is silver and the bottom is black with an extra plate welded to the front.

Can't forgot about the software differences either...

The software for the X series takes account of the larger tire size, and limits the RPMs to keep max speed at 12.5 mph.

I have always wondered if it also allowed for more energy consumption, and therefore allowed for a larger burst of torque at low end.

If it does not, then how would it add the extra torque needed to get the larger tires moving up to speed? Has anyone seriously measured this factor?

I wonder if the factory has the acceleration factors equalized, or is the i series faster off the line?

Also, if Gareth ever does his tug of war, and actual grip was equalized, would the x series actually out torque the i series?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote