View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
homey
homey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrends View Post
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Currently I am running the segway x2 adapter hub and a large 1.5" adapter/spacer to get the wheels to be the correct offset. I am currently having a one piece adapter/spacer fabricated so it's all one piece. I will post pics of everything very soon (hopefully by the end of the week) with a step by step on the swap.

I will also post a full parts list with prices, I was able to save tons of money by going with the non-segway brand wheels / tires etc.

I can literally change back to the I2 setup in around 5mins.
You will note the increase in speed and lack of attention to irregular terrain and sidewalks when you master tire pressure. Critical to your weight and load, you won't want any leaks or pressured too high (boing, boing) I know they say 4 psi but at my 180 lb load I like 8 to 10psi on those knobbies. You get used to the hum and people can hear you coming. You won't be changing back

Less the mounts, fenders, adaptor, rims and tires what's left that is different in hardware on this i2 than the factory x2? Haven't you effectively built the x2 with different rims and tires? Please keep the custom wheel adaptor specifications and blueprints for future interests.

Last edited by homey; 12-07-2010 at 01:09 PM..
homey is offline   Reply With Quote