View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
bud01234
bud01234 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
There are lots of things that could also be involved with a new purchase.

1. A new purchase should go right back to the seller, let them worry about it. btw, if it's a new machine then your 1-yr warrnty will cover replacement

2. A new to me purchase is a different story. if it's over 1yr old, then hope for the best.

3. Common on early gen one machines is that the power cord would not plug into the socket on the segway deep enough (The rubber molded shoulder of the plug would hit the socket walls) and people often thought there were charging problems when it really was not plugged in. I didn't address this since he specifically said it's a gen 2

I have not heard of this so much on gen 2 machines, but a small obstruction in the socket, or a bad cord would give the same situation, or potentially could. Doubtful. If it's not getting power then the red light would NOT come on when, ahem... charging.

4. Batteries, as suspected may be bad - If his gen2 liOn battery is showing red, it likely is defective.

5. Charger on the segway may be bad - are we talking about Gen 1 again?

6. A whole assortment of other things may be at play. Always a possibility

I found it impossible to conclude a specific answer to the OP question from the information provided. If others could, they are smarter than me. If his gen2 liOn battery is showing red, it likely is defective. That's a specific answer???
(above underlines are quoted from my original post.)
I don't see where we disagree on anything other than you reading a specific reply where I intended it to be general; especially since I've experienced the exact same problem with a red light/bad battery. I also agree that we need more info as to age of the unit and if it's a used unit.
bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote