View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

There are lots of things that could also be involved with a new purchase.

1. A new purchase should go right back to the seller, let them worry about it.

2. A new to me purchase is a different story.

3. Common on early gen one machines is that the power cord would not plug into the socket on the segway deep enough (The rubber molded shoulder of the plug would hit the socket walls) and people often thought there were charging problems when it really was not plugged in.

I have not heard of this so much on gen 2 machines, but a small obstruction in the socket, or a bad cord would give the same situation, or potentially could.

4. Batteries, as suspected may be bad

5. Charger on the segway may be bad

6. A whole assortment of other things may be at play.

I found it impossible to conclude a specific answer to the OP question from the information provided. If others could, they are smarter than me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote