View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

The service life is appx 5 years for Ni-Mh
Just order a rebuild pack and it is not a hard process to rebuild them,
taking the old cells out of the case is a much harder job.
if your BMS is damaged, I am able to fix them, or if the repair cost is too high, I can supply brand new Ni-Mh BMS board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoAussie View Post
Hi Folks

I have two I67 Segways (NiMH) which sat uncharged for about 18 months. One appears to have charged up okay (although I have no idea what the range would be, I haven't tried to ride it yet.) The other went through the charging process seemingly okay (Green LED's on throughout) but appears to be no good. It just displays the red screen with a single bar at the bottom.

Is there anything that can possibly revive them? (I know leaving it off charge for so long was the wrong thing to do, but it happened.)

I know I can have MTO rebuild them, and it may come to that, but the round trip postage for a set of batteries to and from Australia is about $400, which is an awful lot.

Alternatively, has anybody documented the process for installing MTO's replacement cell packs? I have a friend who would probably be capable of doing it if he had instructions to follow. That would save the $250 postage for the old batteries from AU to the USA.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Ron
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote