View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Nano-Oil.com
Nano-Oil.com is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 20160429 Segway Lithium Airline hassle

Hello, I am new here and landed here because I was researching the rules on the Real Segways with Lithium/ so I will post here a statement and request that I just made to Dan Wood at www.IATA.org
here it is unedited (I hope it is OK):
Hello Mister Good

I am ADA and have to fly 7 days after a double hernia surgery starting June 2nd 2016.

Is a real US made Segway HT80 allowed,
I have traveled by Airlines, mainly Southwest since 2004 with my Segway with no problems what so ever,
Only last week in San Diego, a last minute double check brought me out of TSA check, back to Southwest counter where the manager was called in and went on his computer which brought up the file including pictures of battery for identification,
I did clear the inspection but I do not know if it was by oversight on his part or not, I would love to have been able to read the verbiage and have seen the pictures but I was so late by then that I almost missed the flight,
Is there any way that I can have access to the guideline file
I am ADA flying 7 days after double hernia surgery , OAK to ATL with Southwest then jump on Air France to CDG then back to ATL via Delta then back to OAK with Southwest all within a month.
Any comments or advice will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

---
Best Regards, Christian StClaire 707 235-4029 eMail: [email protected] www.Nano-Oil.com
Quick Links: www.Nano-Oil.com/Products.html www.Nano-Oil.com/HappyCustomers.html www.Nano-Oil.com/Applications.html

GSA contract # GS-07F-0825N
- Defense Logistics/DIBBS - GSA - DoD eMall - GSA Advantage - AAFES Online Mall
- BSC’s (Base Supply Stores) - NATO & UN Procurement
Nano-Oil.com is offline   Reply With Quote