View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 02:40 AM   #30
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
I am looking forward to trying one, as I still cannot imagine how certain maneuvers can be done with the knee-steer. I also have seen no evidence of system redundancy as the classic Segways have.
I have physical limitations that do not allow me to use the MiniPro with the knee-steer system. So, for me, a handlebar is essential. I made one that is fully adjustable so I could get it in just the right position. I can't compare knee-steer to handlebar, but the length of the handlebar has more leverage on the steering input (because of its length) than what a knee-steer would. So, even a very light input on my MP will move the handlebars.

The steering ratios for the MP don't feel nearly as "dialed in" as they are on my i2. The MP doesn't feel nearly as stable. However, I think that is largely due to the weight and the fact that the platform is above the axles. For someone who has full use of his/her legs, it's probably perfectly fine. But, for me, I feel as though I need to be a little extra cautious while on the MP.

Still, I love the MP. I can't wait to get the seating system finished for it so I can use it like I do my i2 (with SegSaddle.) I love that it's so small, light, and quiet. If anyone is on the fence, I'd say go for it while they're still on sale. They're a bargain.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote