Thread: segway seats
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default segway seats

Hi Folks:

I am starting to look into my next seat purchase for my segway. I currently have SegSaddeles which I very much like;however, they are no longer available and parts are few and far between, consequently I will need another seat option once my SegSaddles become inoperative. Do any of the other seat options that people may have tried engage the foot sensors that transition the segway into balance mode once you sit on the seat, or is it still required to depress the foot sensors with your feet when you use a seat-equipped segway ?

Are they basically just seats mounted to the base unit that supports body weight, but you still have to depress the foot sensors with your feet ? The SegSaddle would engage the foot sensors if you sat on it without the need to keep the sensor buttons depressed with your feet continuously.

This may seem an odd question, but handicapped people have different capabilities with the feet when it comes to being able to position them and keep them in a certain position correctly for extended periods of time so that the foot sensors get depressed.

Any set users out there, tell me your experiences. Thanks.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote