View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
I was wondering, what if they see me walking, getting on and off the Segway, pulling the Segway, and climbing stairs?

Couldn't they say that was evidence and not believe my claims? I am just worried that will happen. Because I would dismount before reaching the stairs and they would see this. I appear healthy.

Edited to add: Obviously IMO they should not question me and believe me. Just because someone can climb a short flight of stairs (or a long one) doesn't mean they can walk a mile around the place.
I don't know if different states have different definitions of disability or not--ask your doctor's office or license bureau. Here it has to do with able to walk a certain distance without assistance. This should not be a problem for you, but it wouldn't hurt to be well informed. Those hidden disabilities can make the healthiest appearing person still be disabled.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote