View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
The difference in people's reactions to seeing you sitting vice standing when gliding is stark and in my experiences widespread and universal. If you are sitting, they assume you need it for mobility assistance, if you are standing, they dont automatically assume that, they may draw the conclusion, they may think you are riding a toy and confront you about it use.

I have 2 segs, both with seats as I only glide sitting except I personally need to stand up to restore the circulation in my legs on occasion. I really like the SegSaddle, unfortunately its not made anymore. Brian Huges, the owner, folded the company after enough work. Its a shame, its a great product. I am always on the lookout for spare SegSaddle parts of it any are left in stock. Be wary of a company called "Strollax" (Strollax.com) they claim to have them left over in stock, I am still in a battle with PayPal trying to get my money back from them. Segway of Fl has a new product called the "Glide Seat" which looks somewhat similar to the SegSaddle, I am holding out hope that its a functional replacement. I have a LeanSeat on my other Seg, as I couldnt get any more SegSaddles, its not as comfortable for me.
standing works fine for me most places are very accommodating i wear my ca blue disabled tag around my neck usually i think its more authenticating than a series of long discussions i lean my x2 because of a stroke im mostly on one leg i still go off curbs when i have to with my wide tires i can get into most places i can ride right to my table in most restaurants my wheels squeak sometimes when squeezing through
i have one suitcase mounted and two cargo carriers with the big fatty knobby tiresi originally bought a segsaddle because i couldnt stand
i decided not to mount it i didnt like the bicycle style seat .once people see how slow and carefu and polite thatl i ride they give me no trouble im ready with my blank doj ada complaint form i had to showthe eureka ca costco manager where his name would go on my complaint form - he was afraid "everyone" would want to glide in" ha hahe should be so lucky
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote