View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
That is a Parrot AR drone with the propguard and hull removed. EXTREMELY dangerous to be flying near people at eye level. Real, real bad.
That was my immediate reaction as well. Well, mixed in with the coolness factor, which I do appreciate.

A few weeks ago, passing through the local mall, as I passed the local Tesla dealer on my Segway, I encountered a quad-copter. I don't have any problem with how it was being operated, because it was not in close quarters.

But delivering items to tables is inherently close quarters.

Still, every toy helicopter poses much the same risk, like the one that was flying around my office the other day. In most cases, the risk is very low, because people will instinctively protect their eyes.

But if people become habituated to its sound, and are caught by surprise, injury could result.

I was thinking they should add some safety features; I'm sad they appear to have removed them instead.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote