View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
My father currently is doing well using a walker for walking around his house. However he has trouble carrying food around the house for meals. He can use a small bag for carrying books, papers, and small stuff like that; however, he has a problem at meal time when he pours a drink or food on a plate. He can't carry a plate or a glass and keep it level with both hands on a walker. I was wondering if anyone had experience using one of the Segway platforms for such a purpose? He can place anything that must stay level on the platform, walk to a table, then summon the platform, and then transfer the plates to a table. Is this something workable?
Hi Dave:
Reading your post, your father sounds exactly like me, so I thought I would pass on one thing I do that may be of assistance. Others more knowledgable than I here will surely address the segway aspect. I use a rolling cart, like the mechanics use to transport food from the kitchen to my recliner by the tv, bring dishes back and forth, etc. I use 2 canes to walk, so I dont have a free hand to carry stuff. I often put stuff in a little bag like a plastic grocery bag and hang it off my wrist, and I also use a walker that has a seat in the middle with a little basket below that I can use to transport stuff. But the rolling cart works best for me, I can support myself on it like a walker, yet still transport alot of stuff. Hope it helps and best wishes.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote