View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
If you "recondition" or rebuild a battery, go with MTO Battery. They have an excellent reputation, whereas some other battery rebuilders ...um... do not.
Agreed - There are people who are 'rebuilding' Seg batteries in their basement and then asking 85% of the price of a new OEM battery for a questionable rebuild

It sounds like fastcash just wants to sell the 2007 machine for the best price he can. I think he needs to buy a used battery - No point in paying a fortune for a new or even a rebuilt one if the other battery is old. Then when you have it running, sell the machine - You'll get more if it runs and can do 10 or 15 miles

I wouldn't pay more than $200 or so for battery 8 years or older though and the one you have which still works may be even older than that - Check the date code. There are eBay sellers who will charge you $450 for an 8 or 10 year old battery - They don't even advertise how old they are, just that they 'hold a good range' so I would buy from a private party if possible so you'll know what you're getting. Maybe check Craigslist in your area?

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote