View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #27
SegSailor
SegSailor will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Pearl Harbor, This Ain't...

Leave it to Toyota to bring a slingshot to a gun fight. Are you freakin' KIDDING me? Have you SEEN the videos?? This thing is a gnat!!! Elderly transportation??? I'm thinking NOT! I'll gladly put that TOYota thingy next to a Segway, and let my older customers choose which one they want to try. Hint: I have yet to break the half century mark, and half a lifetime ago I used to just LOVE sidewalk surfing. Now skateboards scare the "HE-double-hockey-sticks" out of me! And this thing isn't much bigger.

I'd love to ride my Segway next to one...in reverse! It has about the same top speed going forward as a Seg has in reverse. And I'd dearly love to see one of THOSE go off a curb! I'd try it for them, so long as they will bring the broom and the dustpan to pick up all the parts. I really hate cleanup duty.

"Segway Killer"??? I love the descriptions. They really want Segway to fail, and some are even inferring that Segway sales are dwindling; yet anyone that has spent any time at all researching tight lipped Inc. knows that just the opposite is true. So WHY are people cheering this thing (follow the links to the blogs) as the Segway killer??? This is one vehicle that the Japanese got wrong. Waaaay wrong. Look at your Segway: Right product, right time. Period. The one that we got right, and they got wrong. Yes, as some have said, Toyota sells the heck out of its products, but only the good ones. If the "Killer" is the best that they have to offer, they are about to learn what it's like to be in the junk business. Though I might buy one; I'll hang it from my lean steer like a pair of fuzzy dice from a rear view mirror in a '57 bChevy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The University of Seg-Ville
Taking gliding to a higher degree!
SegSailor is offline   Reply With Quote