View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 07:45 PM   #24
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealzam View Post
I was able to get a Mini a few months ago. I'm a disabled user whose owned every model since the 180, including a p133. I currently have an i2 and i2 SE. I've also got the X2 tires and fenders. Given my experience, I thought I'd give you some feedback:

1: Control Shaft: the between the legs thing is a DUH feature that should have been on the device since day 1. You have MUCH more control than using a handlebar. Since about a year into my i2, I modified it in a similar way. Unfortunately, the rod on the mini is a bit too short but works amazingly.
I have not yet ridden a minipro, but I'm having difficulty understanding how the knee-steer can have more control than the i2 lean-steer handlebar. It looks much more precarious. I have done extensive video searches, and can find nothing that demonstrates evasive maneuvers, especially emergency stops. With the i2, it's simply a matter of shoving the lean-steer away from you / leaning back / crouching, and it stops very quickly and controllably. I cannot see how this action can be attained with the knee-steer on the minipro. Can anyone demonstrate this or point me to a video showing such maneuvers?

At 10 mph in pedestrian traffic, quick stops and other evasive actions can be very important...
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote