View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #26
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
There are many reasons for a company's products failure, and you can't put it all onto one department or a single department's leadership.
I agree with that.

However, Segway set the pricing when Gen 1 was introduced, and I'm not aware of any significant manufacturing limitations, or quality control problems (The Gen 2 software problem was still four years in the future). Product costs for any product are relatively easy to determine, if you know the volume (which may be the issue, as Segway leadership clearly had "big eyes"). Essentially, the product was "as expected".

I'm still looking for any evidence that Segway's pre-investment market analysis was even reasonably accurate.

If Segway's own market analysis was accurate, forecasting an 8K per year average sales volume average, over YEARS, would investors have kicked in tens of millions of dollars? Investors do their own due diligence, but if Segway's own analysis had said, "never more than about 10k per year", we would all still spell it segue.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote