View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Yes, lobbying and politics. The International Bicycle Conspiracy strikes again!

Want to talk merits: No, I don't. And I said so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
In all fairness, writing a state EPAMD law that exempted cities with populations greater than one million was wrong.
JohnM,

Your pro bike positions are well expressed, even when the distinctions between electric bikes and segways are not significant. If it looks enough like a bike and not like a segway, it is protected, even if it has no pedals and works more like a segway and less like a bike. (electric motors for motion, etc)

But, and it is a big but, I did not say there was no merit in allowing bicycles. I specifically said that this project (the rent a bike program she was talking about) was not without merit. My point was not about merit or not having merit. And you know that, despite your politically self serving response.

The bicycle lobby is very powerful, and very organized, and good at getting its point out, and is fiercely defensive of any rights or privileges it sees that it has. It will not share any of its gains for fear of loosing its political impact. And that fear is relatively well placed, as there are many who would want some of the rights that bicycles have. Segway users are among those who would want to share the road/path/converted rail bed/shoulder of the road.

One does not have to think there is an international Bicycle conspiracy to think there is an active and effective bicycle rights and access lobby. Your over reaction is noted, but it diminishes your point, on this SEGWAY forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote