View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
gregn
gregn is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hey,
I use my mini pro on a farm. That means gravel road, grass covered field paths.
If you are moving along and about 4-6 mph or faster most obstacles are handled in stride. Trying to rip over something slow can stall a wheel and throw you off balance a bit. I big rock or dip can stop a wheel and in most cases you just step off and the mini pro stops. An example, there is a 1 ΒΌ ledge at a door opening to one of our buildings if I get a run on it there is no issue unless I think about it and flinch a bit. Then its a bit rough. Slow attack usually means I have to step off as the Mini goes off to the side.
That said I have been using it for work for the past two weeks and once I got the hang of relaxing and letting it run over stuff it was pretty easy to deal with uneven ground.
As for pavement bumps ( the original question, sorry) I find most are fine if you are moving along. its harder to go over stuff slow. I cross some railroad tracks fine. Sidewalk gaps with concrete missing also fine. You just have to hit it with confidence and some speed. The manual recommends 6 mph or so which I find about right. Like anything practice helps confidence. Look for some small obstacles and get the feel of it. I always pay attention to what I'm about to roll over. Bent knees help.
gregn is offline   Reply With Quote