View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #16
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
While I often wonder about what motivates you, and the source of your interest....

To me, it's enough that you're INTERESTED in Segways. I even read about bikes sometimes, myself.

And you don't engage in personal attacks, which gives you a few bonus points over some members.

If we ever meet in person, I look forward to a lively, interesting, friendly conversation.
Bob,
I grew weary of justifying my membership to newbies of this and TIQ forums long before most of you joined the Segway choir. Its all out in the archives if anyone has an interest in facts and not silly accusations. But in a nutshell my interest in Segways is 2 fold:
1. I live in southern New Hampshire, so Segway is a local business. Although Segway never made DK the largest employer in the state (a dream he spoke of on local radio), its still an interesting ongoing story. For me to wish Segway any ill will would be asking for the loss of local jobs. Never.
2. Any device that can replace a single internal combustion engine on the road is worth a nod of appreciation, whether its a Segway, a Tesla Model S or a bike. We're all on this messed up planet together. Anyone who thinks otherwise and would toss around terms like 'hater' and 'troll' because someone favors one good solution over another needs to take a serious look in the mirror.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote