i2Macman
i2Macman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Exclamation Further test results

Re-test: 26/08/2017
10:49am; 7deg C.

1. Batteries both blinking green
2. Info key reports full charge
3. On gliding at start-up got emergency shutdown with error c108.
4. Error: *C108 The Front CU Board reports*: The battery packs do not have sufficient charge to continue safe operation Charge the batteries.
5. Batteries have been swapped. Front battery was from the rear position.
6. Infokey shows 8bars i.e., fully charged batteries.
7. Left unit standing in balance mode for 30mins to raise temperature.
8. Resumed gliding with improved performance but still some neutral faces and ! In triangle. No more C108 errors.
9. Switched off unit, removed batteries and measured voltages at pins with digital multimeter.
10. Both batteries indicated 96 volts. Re-installed batteries.
11. Took the Segway to local tour operator where we swapped batteries at 1500hrs.
12. The “new” batteries” were thought to be fully charged but showed only two bars on my infokey.
13. Similar behaviour by Segway at around 3-4km/hr got neutral face and ! But it disappeared and reappeared during acceleration and decelerations 0-9km/hr
14. Swapped to another set of “good” batteries but again only two bars showing on Infokey and again similar behaviour by Segway.
15. Removed batteries.
16. Checked all batteries with digital volt meter. Good batteries from tour operators showed 82 volts; my batteries now showing 87 volts.
17. Re-installed my “suspected” faulty batteries. My Infokey still showed 8 bars. Behaviour still same.
18. Conclusions: tour ops good batteries not fully charged; my batteries showed 8 bars and are most likely OK; All batteries did not significantly change the Segway behaviour of neutral face and ! Warning. No emergency shut downs.
19. Wondering if it is now a communication problem between control board and infokey.
20. Intend to undertake long glide tomorrow.

No real resolution for this issue still.
i2Macman is offline   Reply With Quote