View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 04:33 AM   #11
i2Macman
i2Macman is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Exclamation Re-testing of situation with infokeys, speed limiting and battery recharge:

1. batteries both recharged overnight resulting in two blinking green lights;

2. Test gliding around home courtyard;

3. Accelerating rapidly from 0-9 km/h, some stationary rocking to and fro, figure 8s; etc;

4. Duration 40mins; distance traveled 2.5km;

5. Battery bars reduced from 8 to 2 during testing;

6. Ambient temperature during test was 10 deg C;

7. Alerts began around 3km/h as neutral face with ! In triangle. Alert disappeared around 3.5 and was able to accelerate to around 9km/h. Alerts continued to appear at times during rapid accelerations but did not lead to emergency shutdown as had occurred during the previous testing prior to initial post. Some brief stick pushback but was very brief;

8. Seg was returned to overnight charging with two bars remaining. Charging via a timer with 8hours off during cycle as usual;

9. Intend to retest tomorrow along a sidewalk;

10. Will look at swapping a known good set of batteries (if possible) to retest; and

11. Conclusions so far- Possible behaviour due to poor degraded battery power delivery - maybe dead cells and complicated by very low ambient temps during first testing but persisting during this test and there are cold start issues with infokeys and their having flat batteries too.

Your comments/criticisms on my testing strategy and conclusions are sought.
Thanks for your interest.
i2Macman is offline   Reply With Quote