View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #15
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I visit a doctor at Stanford. I've never had any real issue in Palo Alto.

The Stanford Mall's security did once stop me, we had a discussion, they consulted with their superiors, and I was allowed. It's a Simon mall, but I've never had any further problem, despite their corporate history.

The Stanford campus is a nice area to glide.

Nearby Mountain View is home to one of the few anti-Segway ordinances in CA, like San Francisco, thanks to the efforts of one councilwoman in particular who pushed for it. You shouldn't have any trouble, thanks to the ADA, but I've mostly avoided Mountain View in protest since.

I did stop there last week on my way back from San Jose, since my legs cramped up as I hit traffic on 101 there. I ended up getting some exercise by the Shoreline Ampitheater, where my Segway and I encountered the Google self-driving car, which was kind of cool.

It would have been more cool if its keepers knew more about it. I'm taking Sebastian Thrun's "program your own self-driving car" class next week for the heck of it. (http://www.udacity.com/cs#373)

I still have visions of teaching my Android phone to ride my Segway.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote